Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Aetna Mountain off road

This weekend I went with some friends to Aetna Mountain near Chattanooga. The recent rains made the rails very slippy. Even the main road up and down the mountain was a huge challenge to navigate. Places that can be accessed by car when dry were nearly impassable. I was very happy with my Maxxis Buckshots. Since trailer parking is limited and not secure, I drove the 50 miles to the trail head. I did not want to air down too much since I had to drive back. The Buckshots were amazing even at 25 psi.

We met some very interesting folks in he woods and had a great time. I was very appreciative to the guys it he Cherokee who showed us a shortcut out and to the guy in the Toyota who pulled me back straight when I got crossed up in the ruts on the way out.

Here is a video of Jenny playing on a waterfall climb: My favorite part of the video is the narration by her three year old son Hunter.

Labels: ,


Bookmarkz

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (The Rubicon has wheel lockers and makes this easier.)

http://frisbeepainting.com

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Nice video! I have a 06 Rubi and love getting it in tough spots.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home