Thursday, December 15, 2005

RallyCross Racing

With fuel prices high and too many projects going on, I have not followed the Rally America Series out west. I even skipped Rally du Paris this year.

I have been filling the need for speed gap with RallyCross racing. RallyCross is to Rally what Autocross is to road racing. In RallyCross, we set up a small course in a field and run cars one at a time against the clock. All your runs for the day are added to together to get your final score.

I have been racing my 91 Cherokee that is also my Daily Driver. This Jeep has a Rocket City intake and a Dynomax exhaust. Poly control arm bushings and poly sway bar bushings in the front. The rear axle is a Chrysler 8.25 fitted with a Lock Rite locker. The rear sway bar is stock in the stock rubber bushings. The rest of the XJ is pretty much stock.

It has been a lot of fun to drive at the RallyCross and gives the Subaru's a run for their money.

See lots of pictures posted here.

Bookmarkz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home