Saturday, April 07, 2007

Windrock




Windrock



I made a return trip to Coal Creek OHV area on Windrock mountain. The last time I was here was when I met the guys from the XJ list here.







There have been several changes since my last visit. Mainly the new windmills and the changes to the roads required to transport the windmills to the top of the mountain.


They now charge per person instead of per vehicle. This essentially doubles the cost for most trips but at $15 per person it is still a bargain.


Traveling with me this time was Robert in his Toyota pickup. Navigating for both of us was our friend Tom.




Even with three very skilled map readers, we got lost several times using the park provided map. Once we finally learned to ignore the new looking roads, we id much better at navigating, but still somehow ended up exiting the park in stead of back at the snack shack for lunch. We are still not sure how we did that.









What was most interesting about the day was the variety of trails. Most of the day we had dust to deal with. Then we found some rocks. Later we found these huge mud holes on the top of the mountain, I think my alternator fell victim to one of them as on the trip home it stopped charging. I drove 150 miles on the remaining battery.













Bookmarkz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like fun!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home