Friday, June 23, 2006

How to be an alpha dog

Attraction secrets from the Alpha Dog

I have been doing a lot of work with my dog Smash lately. Some of you may recall that he is a super mechanic helper when I am working on my Jeeps.

I recently bought the book sitstayfetch to help me work with him. One of the bonus books that came with sitstayfetch was a book on how to be an alpha dog.

Now I have been teaching men in my attraction training about being the alpha male and defining authority for a while now. But this little bonus book about being the alpha dog was a real eye opener for me.

I can see applications for this idea in every thing I do. In fact, in my employee management training I am often talking about maintaining authority while making the employees feel empowered. This alpha dog idea is exactly the same concept.

The alpha dog makes the rules and the rest of the pack is eager to follow along because they know he is doing what is best for all of them. He earns and deserve their trust. And it is such subtle actions that make the alpha dog. It has nothing at all to do with exerting physical force or aggression. It has everything to do with attitude and body language.

So if you want some great references on how to establish your desired place in the world and to know why it is important, I now have two to recommend:

First is this superb course by John Alanis about how to define authority.
And second is the bonus book included with sitstayfetch.

Remember both have a money back guarantee if they don't work for you. But I know you will learn something from both of them.

Bookmarkz

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Purves said...

I am also becoming an alpha dog following the sitstayfetch model. The only thing is I am not a male which can make things a touch tricky!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home