Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Beasley Knob scouting trip

Yesterday I went to Blairsville, Ga to take a look at Beasley Knob OHV to see if it was a good place to take a trip with some friends. I wanted to see the parking lot and access before towing Scuffy that far.

When I found the park, the gates were locked. So before leaving town I stopped by the ranger station to see what I could learn. After talking with the cute ranger - Allison? - she said she would open up the gates and let me take a look. After lunch I went back to the gate and waited a bit. Soon one of the ranger guys showed up and open the gate for me.

Since I was alone with no recovery gear, I did not explore too far. I went part way up the "difficult" B trail that Allison told me about. I turned around when it started getting steep as she had warned me it was hard to turn around once you got into the real climb.

I continued down the gravel road to where it joined the c trail. This one was more interesting and a bit slippery as the ice in the mud was just starting to thaw. I made it to the top of the hill with little trouble but I decided not to try the downhill section as I was not able to stand up on the slippery slope when I went to look at what was the best line.

I hope to get back with Scuffy to do some real trail running before the park closes for the winter.

Mike

Bookmarkz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home