Monday, February 27, 2006

Brake Break at 100AW

Ken Block Subaru
While prechecking the route as part of my Steward Duties at 100AW, I shook loose the un attached Emergency brake cable inside the brake drum of my Jeep Cherokee. The end of the cable strated rubbing against the back of the wheel studs. This made a very loud clicking sound that resonated up the cable through the hand brake handle.

By Saturday noon, I had had as much of this noise as I could take. As I arrived in Ellington to inspect the service facilities, I ended up parked across the street from Ken Block's Subaru Service crew. That his car pictured in this post.

They were kind enough to jack up my Cherokee and loan me an impact wrench to pull the wheel and brake drum so I could rearrange the loose cable end to not make noise any more. They were a bit surprised at how fast I made the repair. They even loaned me a torque wrench to reset the lug nuts.

Not long after this good gesture, I learned that Ken had moved into first place in the event and went on to take the overall win. Good Karma from his service crew I am sure contributed to his success.

Congratulations to Ken and thanks again to the service crew!

Bookmarkz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home